StarLine home learning
StarLine is a new initiative which aims to help support parents and carers nationwide if you have any concerns or queries about educating your children at home.
A group of partners including David Ross Education Trust, Freshworks, Future Academies, Inspiration Trust, Mumsnet, Oak National Academy, PLMR, StarAcademies, Triple P Positive Parenting Program and United Learning have come together to create and deliver StarLine. Each partner has pledged their people, expertise and resources to support StarLine. This initiative is supported by the DfE.
StarLine can help in the following ways:
- It will provide access to a team of qualified teachers, education and parenting experts.
- It focusses on providing practical ideas, support and reassurance.
- It will offer tips, techniques and resources to enable parents to give their children the support they need to continue learning while schools are closed.
- It can support family wellbeing and mental health.
- It will cover all phases of education and subjects plus behaviour, pupil wellbeing and SEND.
StarLine provides free, confidential advice which will be available six days a week by phoning the StarLine team on 0330 313 9162. For more information, visit www.starline.org.uk or follow @StarLineSupport on Twitter.
The team behind StarLine will also be broadcasting a weekly programme on YouTube. In each episode of StarLive, a guest presenter will share practical ideas for home learning. Further details can be found on the StarLine website.